A first-of-its-kind in North America, the Magnet Portal harnesses intelligent matching technology to help Ontario Agri-Food Technologies members navigate and identify relevant funding, events, trade missions and resources that can help you export your agriculture and food products.
Not exporting yet?
Creating an account is still a good business idea! Look beyond the Canadian market – there are countless benefits to exporting.
Our members will:
- Receive customized updates and information on export-related services, funding, resources and more
- Learn newly launched export opportunities and trade missions that match your business
- Customize your dashboard and get information delivered right to your inbox
This free service identifies actionable export-related events, programs and resources, and then proactively delivers them to your inbox. In addition to reflecting your industry, sector and location, the content you’ll receive is tailored to your export-readiness, so there’s value here for both experienced or novice exporters.
Click here to create an account
For a quick overview of the service, watch this video:
Additional Funding Programs
AAFC AgriMarketing Program: Provides targeted support to companies for international initiatives. Under this component, funding will be available to help implement international export plans, which include and market development activities.
AAFC AgriInnovate Program: Provides repayable contributions for projects that aim to accelerate the demonstration, commercialization and/or adoption of innovative products, technologies, processes or services that increase -sector competitiveness and sustainability.
Canadian Agricultural Partnership Cost Sharing Provincial Program: Strategic cost-share funding will support projects in the following key priority areas, with research and innovation continuing to be a focus across all programming: Economic development, environmental stewardship, and assurance and protection.
Ontario Regional Priorities Partnership Program: Open funding (up to $500K) for Proof-of-Concept stage projects that will deliver genomics-derived solutions for industry-identified challenges and opportunities within the Ontario agriculture and agri-food sector. AAC & Genome Canada partnership project.
OCC Global Growth Fund Programs: Up to $250K support designed to help SMEs increase their access to global markets.
- Email email@example.com with a short description of the company and what you are looking for, they will be glad to help in any way they can.
- Seed Fund Letter of Intent deadline: February 15, 2019 at 3:00 PM, Full Application Deadline: February 25, 2019 at 3:00 PM
Regional Innovation Centres (Ontario of Excellence): Ontario of Excellence (OCE) the development of Ontario’s economy by helping create new jobs, products, services, technologies and businesses.
Speed Way Programs
• Fast Lane: Fast Lane is designed for small-to-medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to help identify and develop strategies to overcome challenges to growth. Our team of over 30 Industry Specialists a wealth of business and entrepreneurial experience and here to work with you and your team to find solutions. NRC-IRAP this program with up to $5K in support that includes a “free” diagnostic worth $2K.
• Gear Up: Hands-on mentoring, education and networking
Greenhouse Competitiveness and Innovation Initiative: Eligible activities are those which increase competitiveness and/or access new markets and/or expand or enhance existing markets. Eligible applicants include commercial greenhouse businesses in Ontario that grow or propagate vegetables, culinary herbs, or floriculture and as of March 23, 2017 had at least 20,000 of production area.
Application deadline: September 28, 2018
Final Date for all Project Completion: September 30, 2019
Final Date to Submit Final Claim for Reimbursement, with Final Report and Survey: October 31, 2019