OAFT pro-actively supports the continued development and adoption of new agri-food technologies in a manner which will stimulate improvements in farm and food processing and industrial sustainability, profitability, and improve Ontario’s strong position in the agri-food sector, both nationally and internationally.
OAFT’s goal is the focal point for the coordination of Ontario’s drive to research, develop and commercialize new technologies in Ontario. This is accomplished by:
- Developing, supporting and coordinating research programs among Ontario institutions.
- Assisting in the commercialization of biotechnology and bio-based products.
- Stimulating awareness, acceptance and use of biotechnologies by the agri-food sector.
- Educating stakeholders about the value and benefits of new technologies.
- Enhancing visibility and raising awareness of the agricultural and bioproduct industries of Ontario, in the rest of Canada and internationally.
Our success is dependent on maximum participation by our industry, government, university and grower association members.